SNIC User Support
Please contact the centre directly if you have questions about getting access to or running on a resource at a centre. Contact information to each centre can be found here: supr.snic.se/support/.
SNIC dedicated user support
SNIC offers a dedicated user support to users of SNIC compute, cloud, and storage resources. Users with ongoing SNIC projects can apply for this support.
This support is not intended for the everyday support but rather for deeper question of higher complexity that require a larger effort. If you are unsure if your request meet this requirement then please submit your question via the normal support form.
The purpose of this support is to facilitate the efficient use of SNIC resources. Support tasks can include:
- Improved utilization of SNIC resources, including usage of hardware, available software, and other capabilities of the resources
- Guidance on the use of SNIC resources, including system environments, software tools, software libraries, and workflows
- Advice and help on the development, porting, debugging, scaling, or optimization of applications
- Evaluation of special requests such as possible research collaborations, or running jobs with resource requirements outside the limits of the normal queue structure
- Guidance on writing proposals on national and international HPC resources, and selecting relevant resources for a research project
- Support on adapting workflows and practices to prepare a project for possible transition into a higher tier project
The scope of the support available can range from 16 h up to 100 h.
Dedicated user support is granted on a national basis and no consideration is made regarding geographical distribution, home institution, or SNIC project’s resource allocation. Support will often be provided remotely. This service is free of charge.
Any project granted user support shall adhere to best-practices regarding co-authorship within their field.
Send the information with your request for dedicated user support to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please provide complete information about the following:
1. SNIC Project (SNIC YYYY/X-ZZZZ):
2. Contact person:
3. Scientific domain:
4. Technical domain expertise needed, for example:
- programming or scripting language
- specific code or programs
- other relevant skillsets, e.g. cloud services, container-based deployment
5. Description of task
- What is/are the hoped-for concrete output(s)
- Why this is important for the group’s scientific output using SNIC resources
- What are the expected benefits for the scientific community and users of SNIC resources as a whole?
- Why cannot the group do this themselves, e.g. what skill, experience, expertise is missing?
6. What is your expectation of timeframe for the support?
- Start (date)
- End (date)
- Estimated total amount of hours needed.
SNIC knowledge base
The SNIC knowledge base provides technical and support information regarding the SNIC infrastructure. This includes:
- documentation, information and tips-and-tricks regarding the most widely used computational tools and scientific applications on the SNIC resources
- documentation related to the SNIC centres and SNIC resources
- documentation regarding various SNIC projects and activities.
The SNIC knowledge base can be found at docs.snic.se/.